One of the most popular and widely used messaging apps, WhatsApp recently introduced a new feature, known as WhatsApp Status. Even though this new feature is just a clone of Snapchat Story, it instantly becomes one of the most loved WhatsApp features among several users from all over the world.
This newly introduced WhatsApp Status feature enables users to share videos and images with other WhatsApp users. However, it is significant to note that these WhatsApp Status updates will automatically disappear after 24 hours. This is a very useful feature and it allows you to share your daily thoughts and new experiences with your friends in an easy manner.
This new WhatsApp Status is secured with end-to-end encryption just like WhatsApp chats, which means that only the receiver and the sender will be able to see the information. That said, users would not be able to save the images and videos shared as WhatsApp Status easily because you will not be able to see a download option there. However, if you still wish to save your friend’s WhatsApp Status photo or video to your Android tablet, here is how you can do that.
- You will initially need to download a file manager application to your Android tablet.
- If you already have such an app on your tablet, then open it and navigate to the top-left corner of your screen and tap on the hamburger icon, and then select Settings.
- Scroll down through the Settings menu, until you see a Show Hidden Files. If it is not selected, then tap on the check box to enable it.
- You will now have to go back to the main page of the app, and then simply tap on Device. Scroll through the list of options and select the WhatsApp
- Go to Media under the folder and then select .Statuses. This will enable you to see the old and recent status updates of your friends.
However, it is significant to note that the videos and images that you have viewed from WhatsApp Status will only be displayed in the folder. This means that the status updates you missed are no longer accessible. If you are still not able to see these images and videos, it is best to seek the help of an Android technician for further assistance.